YouTube Music Tips & Tricks You Should Know in 2022
The YouTube Music app is relatively new if we compare it with other streaming music platforms, however, it has been updated with some interesting functions that you should know to get the most out of YT Music.
These are YT tricks and functions that will be added and that works on Android mobiles and Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad. Although there is also a web version that you only need to log in with your Google account in any browser and if you use a smart speaker like Google Home, you can choose YT Music as the playback platform.
8 YouTube Music Tips and Tricks You Should Know in 2022
1. Use by default on Google Maps
Google Maps allows you to control the music you listen to without leaving navigation. Now it is compatible with the music provider YT Music.
- How: Go to Google Maps settings – Click on “GPS Navigation” – Activate the “show multimedia playback controls” function – Choose YT Music as provider.
2. Upload your songs
One of the star functions of YT Music is uploading your own songs to the library. At the moment it is only available to do it from the web version.
Note: The songs will be in the library / Songs – Filtering by “load”.
3. Move downloaded music to SD
If you don’t have enough space in the internal memory, you can transfer all your downloaded playlists to the external SD memory of your cell phone.
- How: Click on the profile icon next to the profile photo – click on library and downloads – activate the “use SD card” function.
4. Change video download quality
By default YT Music only downloads the audio of the videos but it is possible to change it to 360p or HD.
- How: Click on the gear icon to go to the settings – Click on “video quality” – Choose one of the 3 options.
5. Enable smart downloads
Use smart downloads to save your favorite songs for offline listening. This process is done automatically when you connect to a Wi-Fi network and you have enough battery.
- How: Enter the YT Music settings – Go to the bottom of the settings – activate the “smart downloads” function – Adjust the number of songs you want to download.
6. Change time by tapping twice
When you are listening to a song you can double click on the edges of the song cover to go forward or backward. This time by default is 10 seconds but you can change it up to 60 seconds.
- How: Click on your profile picture – Click on settings – Click on “press twice to go forward or backward” – choose the time.
7. Adjust privacy and location
YT Music allows you to manage your play history, searches, and recommendations based on your location.
- How: Click on your profile photo – enter settings – Click on “privacy and settings” – Activate the settings you want.
8. Play to connect to a device
If you play your favorite songs on external devices via Bluetooth such as speakers, car or any audio device, you can start playback automatically.
- How: Enter your YT Music account settings – Activate the “start playback with external devices